Monday, February 9, 2009

What will your dash say about you?

I went to the womens retreat with our church this weekend. I had the anxiety that I always have after deciding to go out without the kids and my man, but God was watching over me and I quickly got over it and made it out of the driveway. After that it was a piece of cake.

On thing that struck home with me was an exercise he had us do, here is how mine looked:

Christy Marie Orphin
1971-?

Then he posed a question, what will your dash look like? I have thought about this alot since then. Will my kids say, Wow she really knew how to take a nap! Maybe people would think "Hey she really accomplished alot when she graduated". Im not sure if this is all I want my dash to say. My birth and death are just specks in time compared to the dash. There are so many things that I can fit into that dash. I guess its time to get out of my EZ chair and get to work on my dash. Im sure that my family, friends, church and community will be greatful for it.

Good news the little guy will still brush my hair. He has gotten over his anger at being punished. Thank goodness, I was so sad.

1 comment:

denise said...

Thanks for your words. I am going to think of my dash, too! I thought your hair was looking really nice.