Monday, January 26, 2009

The small quiet voice

We got a reprieve today. I didnt have to teach chemistry. We made it home, but it was very slippery. I probably should have come home an hour before that. Cars were in the ditch everywhere. When Dwayne came home there was a tractor trailer across route 60. Goodness, didnt know it would be that bad.

Having unexpected time off of school leads me to think I should do something significant with my time. I have aspirations to scrapbook the old, old pictures my dad gave me. A small voice keeps telling me to read my Bible and journal. I know I should give in, and quit fighting Him, but I really just wanted to hang. Somehow I dont think that this is the kind of journaling He is asking me to do.

I recently spent time with a friend I hadnt seen in a long time. It was great fun. Im so glad we went. We all seem to have changed some and it was really nice. She is growing in her faith and I am so happy for her.

So I am off to do my Fathers will. I am sure HE has something great in store for me to read.

2 comments:

denise said...

I found you! I love your blog title. I too need to go and spend much needed time with the Lord. I am so glad you are at ACS and Grace, my two favorite places. I too am finding that I love what I do. Who would ever thought I would love the office. I am not a detail person and the office does require that. I know this is where God has me and it feels so good...just thought I would confirm how you feel.

denise said...

I found you! I love your blog title. I too need to go and spend much needed time with the Lord. I am so glad you are at ACS and Grace, my two favorite places. I too am finding that I love what I do. Who would ever thought I would love the office. I am not a detail person and the office does require that. I know this is where God has me and it feels so good...just thought I would confirm how you feel.