Monday, September 8, 2008

The Shack

I am reading a new book called, The Shack, by William P Young. Its amazing. Life changing.

"THE SHACK is the most absorbing work of fiction I've read in many years. My wife and I laughed, cried, and repented of our own lack of faith along the way. THE SHACK will leave you craving for the presence of God." Michael W. Smith

It has made me think of so many things. One thing that comes to mind now is honesty. Are we really completely honest with each other about everything. I wonder. If we are completely honest we are opening ourselves up for hurt. Im not talking about outright lies, really, although outright lies are part of it. I really mean searching our heart and letting the ones we love into our lives. Sharing everything our sins, our loves, our hates. What would life be like if we did open ourselves up? I know that reaching out to God is a great place to start. We can open up to him without worrying about the state of our heart afterwards. He loves us unconditionally and is always showing us His enormous capacity for grace.

The author of this book shares a great insight into our faith for God. I cant wait to get back to reading......

1 comment:

Dalene said...

I hear that The Shack has a powerful impact on the reader.

But WHAT ABOUT THE FAERIE QUEEN??? Just wait until Canto 9. I'll bet you can't wait to get back to reading Spenser, either.... Ha Ha...